Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Beach Report

I promised a post from my trip to the beach, so here it is. Sadly, there wasn't a lot to actually say about the trip to the beach. Nothing extraordinary happened (which can be viewed as a good thing, I suppose). It was a good week, but long - surprising for a vacation.

I took some photos, mostly of the sunrise at the beach and one sunset from the deck of one of our houses (an example of which is shown here). Sunrise/sunset photos have always eluded me, for some reason - I think there's something about the treatment of light during those conditions that I just don't understand. I tried, this time, to take each event at multiple exposure levels, with the idea of doing a by-hand high-dynamic-range composition. It seems unlikely that I'll actually allocate the time to do that (especially given the generally poor quality of the photos I took), but I at least have that option. Too often in the past I've thought "I wish I had multiple exposures for this!" and didn't, so this time I made sure of it.

No comments: