Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Chittenango

On our way from Syracuse (where we stayed last night) to Vermont, we took a detour and stopped at Chittenango Falls. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I really like taking pictures of waterfalls; I'm addicted to slowing them down with my neutral density filter. It's almost as bad as my addiction to lots of really soft bokeh.


This was shot from the observation point halfway down the wall of the gorge.


Off to the side, before turning to cross the stream on the footbridge they'd set up, there was this smaller cascade. In a way, I like it even better than the main falls.


Here is the main falls, seen from the footbridge. I almost didn't take this picture: when I got to the bridge, there was a lot of fine spray blowing down from the falls. But after a couple of minutes, the wind shifted and I figured I could get the picture before my filter got too wet. Glad I stayed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was well worth the detour!