Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Sucker for Melted Cheese

It's just not fair. Today, for lunch, I have marinated tofu, rice, and peanut satay sauce. It's good stuff. I made it myself (the sauce and the marinade and the rice, not the actual tofu). And I was all in the mood for Asian food (convenient, since that's my lunch. But it's all over. I walked into the kitchen to get some water for my tea and smelled melted cheese cooking in the toaster oven. On someone's pizza.

Now, pizza's just not that good. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not good. But that's not the point. The point is, I'm a sucker for melted cheese. Doesn't matter what I have in mind to eat, the smell of melted cheese will change my taste-mood.

So I'm delaying my lunch and hoping my taste buds will realign. Thinking peanut-satayey thoughts.

Darn coworkers and their conspiracy to ruin my lunch. It's enough to make me quit work and become a tomato-raising hermit. With a large stash of melted cheese, of course.

No comments: