Friday, May 11, 2007

Oh Deer

Kayaking Wednesday evening, Tracy and I paused next to a small island to try to take a picture of a rather shy bird. Just as we were about to turn and continue downstream, the deer that we had seen on the island leapt out from cover and jumped through the shallow water to shore. Since I already had my camera in my hands, I took as many pictures as I could, as fast as I could.

The settings weren't really right for action (the shutter speed was really too slow) and we were rather far away, but still, they came out better than I'd expected.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice picture!! I think you got a great shot of them!

Sea Fishing Tackle said...

Great picture - I see all sorts on my Kayak, great medium for nature watching
www.fishing-blog.co.uk

Willi_H2O said...

It's not often you get a shot like that.

https://shiawassee-river.blogspot.com/