Thursday, January 10, 2008

In Progress

Lookit: I'm almost done with the Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon.



I got this thing back in November (it's one of the limited first edition, that comes numbered - I was tempted to buy two and save one new-in-the-box in my attic to resell in 5 years (likely for 100% profit) but couldn't justify the up-front cost). I've not worked on it compulsively, and happily, I still have building left to do (as you can see).

It's massive - over three feet long and about two feet wide. I've not weighed it, but I expect it's around 10 pounds. There's over 5000 pieces - true, many of them are small, but still.... There's a lot of plastic there - and a lot of detail. I didn't take the time to get lots of detail shots (those will come later, when I'm finished), but I assure you that there's a lot of detail. It's great.

The only problem is that I have no idea what I'll do with it when I'm done building it. It's really too big to just have sitting around, and besides.... I'm not one to display model-type things. I'd be tempted to take it to work and display it there (at least people would see it) but it's just too big. I mean, it'd eat up about half of my desk!

I've also been working on getting my paintball marker (a second-hand Spyder Compact 2000) ready for an outlaw game we've been trying to get together with some guys at work (waiting on a cronograph, so we don't end up shooting with dangerous velocities). It's missing an O-ring (should be one on the dark-gray piece below the bolt), so it's still in pieces; still trying to find the O-ring so I can finish oiling it and put it back together.

No comments: