Friday, March 7, 2008

New Markers

This is old news, really, but until this week (when the laptop came), I was still really slow to post pictures. Things are moving a little faster, now.

A couple of weeks ago, Tracy and I bid on a whole slew of paintball markers on eBay. We had it in mind that bidding on used markers would be a cost-effective way to get our own equipment - so we could stop renting.

Here's what we got: 3 Spyders, all of them a couple of generations old: a Flash, an Xtra, and a Shutter. Here's the Flash:

The pity was, the Flash and the Shutter both leaked when we got them. A couple of trips to the paintball store fixed that (I tore them down, but couldn't identify any certain problems - all they really needed was replaced O-rings). It didn't cost much, either, except in effort and time. Here's the Xtra:

But effort and time do mean something, and, at the end of the day, they're not super markers. We only spent $50 on each of them (cost plus repairs), but still.... I won't buy any more used paintball equipment. Now that I have what I have, it's worth more to save up and buy new, I figure. Of course, at the moment, I need to improve my game enough to warrant a new marker - and I've a feeling that's a long way off. Here's the Shutter:

So what do I have my eyes set on right now? This guy, with a Freak barrel and the Full Freak kit:

No comments: